- On March 25, 2019
Welcome to another edition of In the Kitchen, where we showcase some of our favorite recipes and our favorite Natural Element Homes kitchens. This week, we’re making Easy Chicken Tostada Salad and admiring the kitchen of the Cranberry Cottage.
Recipe: Easy Chicken Tostada Salad
This easy chicken salad recipe is sure to please family and friends without a whole lot of work!
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Fresh corn kernels from 2 ears of cooked corn (about 2 cups)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 canned green chilies, diced
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 corn tostadas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Prepare the salsa
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Transfer 3 Tbs. of the vinaigrette to a large bowl and add the beans, corn, tomatoes and chilies; mix gently. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette. Let the salsa stand for at least 10 minutes until the flavors have blended.
- Assemble the salads
- Add the lettuce to the reserved vinaigrette and toss to coat. Divide the tostadas and lettuce among 4 plates. Spoon the salsa over the lettuce, top with the chicken and serve immediately