- On June 7, 2019
With summertime just around the corner, we thought we’d share a recipe perfect for the warmer weather! Enjoy these Red Wine BBQ Chicken Wings and images from Natural Element Homes’ fantastic Our Nest Outdoor Living space.
Recipe: Red Wine BBQ Chicken
Everyone loves a chicken wing! With summer just around the corner, these Red Wine BBQ Chicken Wings are sure to please family and friends alike.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Pinot Noir
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 chipotle chile in Adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 12 mixed chicken drumsticks and thighs
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring until softened (3 to 5 minutes). Whisk in the ketchup, wine, sugar, chipotle, and mustard. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, then simmer over moderately low heat, stirring frequently until thickened (about 15 minutes). Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and put a baking rack on it. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put on the rack. Roast for 15 minutes or until the skin is lightly browned. Brush the chicken with some of the sauce and roast for 40 minutes longer, turning and basting ever 10 minutes. Continue until nicely glazed and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest piece registers 165 degrees. Transfer to a platter and serve.