Timber Frame EZ
Luxury Timber Frame Homes the EZ Way
Introducing Timber Frame EZ from Natural Element Homes, the easy way to build a custom, luxury Timber Frame home. We’re making Timber Frame home design and construction faster, simpler, and more affordable. Featuring a diverse array of custom home plans, Timber Frame EZ offers many “starting points” for you to choose from. Use this starting point as a base for your own customizations, and configure our base package to incorporate your own wants, needs, and tastes.
Timber Frame EZ
Plans added regularly. Check back often!
Timber Frame EZ
Timber Frame EZ plans feature custom, pre-configured packages sporting top-quality, warrantied building materials. Packages can be customized, and the price can be adjusted up or down according to your customizations. For the custom, high-quality Timber Frame home of your dreams, choose Natural Element Homes and Timber Frame EZ!
Foundation and Concrete
- Prepared on-site by builder before package is shipped
- Not included in package
- Main Subfloor: Pre-manufactured Open Web Trusses
- Deck and Porch Floors: Treated Pine Framing
- Second Floor: Pre-manufactured Open Web Trusses, I-Joists, 2 x 12, or Heavy Timber
- Premium Huber Advantech ®
- Premium LP Legacy ®
Douglas Fir Timber Frame System
Factory pre-cut with mortise-tennon-pegged joinery
- 1 & Better grade old-growth timber (grade before surfacing)
- Planed smooth finish with continuous ¼-inch chamfered edges
- Pegs, screws, concealed fasteners, post bases, splines, and hardware for installation
- 2×6 exterior wall framing on 16-inch spacing
- 2×4 interior wall framing on 16-inch spacing
- Main level walls for house and garage
- Upper level walls for gable ends and dormers of house and garage
- Pre-manufactured trusses
- 2×12 stick framing
- Heavy timber framing with SIPs Panels
- I-joist framing
- Adjustments for local snow loads
Premium ZIP Panel Wall and Roof Sheathing
- ZIP sheathing
- ZIP tape
- No need for messy house wrap
- Ready for finished roofing shingles, metal, shakes, etc.
- Finished roofing is not included in package
Exterior Doors and Windows
- Pella Lifestyle® Exterior Doors and Windows
- Aluminum clad exterior
- Wood interior
- Energy Star Rated
- Many Colors
- Other brands and series available
EXTERIOR PORCH AND DECK FLOORING AND RAILING
- Composite Decking (2-color)
- Heavy timber exterior rail construction
- Baluster options: Wire panels, wood, metal, twigs, cable, and more
- Exterior steps may be added to package
EXTERIOR SIDING AND TRIM
- LP Smartside – Shakes, Board-and-batten, Lap Siding
- Allura Fiber Cement – Shakes, Board-and-batten, Lap Siding
- Many other options: Wood, various species, low maintenance, concrete sidings, stone, brick, bark, and many more.
- Wood T&G Soffit
- Finish Fascia boards, band boards, Frieze boards, corner boards, window and door trim, etc.
- Heavy Timber Stairs
- Heavy timber railings
- Interior wood ceilings in select areas
DELIVERY OF MATERIALS
- $1 per loaded mile per truck must be added
- Ships on tractor/trailers to as near jobsite as road conditions allow
- Unloading and storage of materials by others
- 3D Design
- Virtual Design Center
- Customization Included
- Final Construction Plans
- Local Engineering Stamp, if required, is at an additional cost
Choose Timber Frame EZ?
EZ to Love
The value that big wooden beams and traditional timber frame craftsmanship bring to your living spaces and everyday living can not be overstated. There is actually some science behind the impact natural materials make on our well-being, and sharing this specialness with family and friends is immensely rewarding. It has been our pleasure to bring these special homes to our customers. The decision to live uniquely, the choice to build a Timber Frame EZ will bring you joy, satisfaction, and potentially a little well-being will be part of the good benefits.
EZ to Live In
Timber framing has offered us a new and unique way to build homes that is far more conducive to modern living than many other home systems. It is plain to see that one of the reasons timber frame homes have garnered the attention they have is because they naturally create the large open living spaces we prefer to live in. Gone are the days that we built separate small rooms for dining, cooking, and living. We like to gather and enjoy one another’s company in spaces that accommodate this togetherness. It’s a natural match, timber frame construction allows for the open spaces we love to live and gather in.
EZ to Grow With
It is often heard that “we want to grow old in this home”, “this is our last house and I/we want to live out my/our remaining years in this home.” This is something that is considered with great care by our designers at Natural Element Homes. Design to allow for one-floor living, and sometimes details like elevators, and other design systems that allow for living out life in comfort and with ease. We know that once you’ve chosen to live uniquely, like the bell that can’t be unrung, it’s hard to go back to regular home living. We know it’s something you want to hold onto as long as you can. At NEH we understand this and seek to make long-term living in your specialty home as graceful as is possible.
EZ to Gather In
Timber frame homes are a natural for families and friends to gather and be together in. We build a lot of homes that are designed for such gatherings. Dining areas that can accommodate large family dinners and reunions. Great rooms that can get everyone in for the big game parties. It has always amazed me how open spaces, that are not much bigger than a regular home in their total living area, actually live large and can accommodate great gatherings, and at the same time, not so large that they feel empty in the more intimate times of your life. It is in the spirit of gathering that we design these spaces and that you can share and enjoy with all the people you love.
EZ to Customize
The hard part has been done. The home is designed to live well and present a timber frame in the best light. But we have been customizing homes to our customers’ liking for as long as we’ve been building homes. Once we settle into a home plan you can work with our designers to make changes that are unique to your needs and to serve your life precisely. The timber frame can be customized in its species, look, and detail, and timbers can be added to other areas of the home to fit it out just to your liking. We know how to do this and we do it well.
EZ to Build
Our Timber Frame EZ homes are designed using building systems that are familiar to most custom home builders. In so being, finding a builder becomes a much simpler task. Finding a builder who does not add lots of padding to his/her price to produce a home using systems that are complex or out of the comfort zone is much easier.
EZ to Budget
Whatever your home building budget, it is essential that we consider the timber frame in the context of your entire build and total budget. Timber frame EZ is an affordable starting point. It is also ready to customize with additional timbers, and in some cases, additional vaulting where timber framing may be valuable to you. This puts you in control of the budget, and gets you the timbered home you want, at a cost you can control.